Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hello!

Yes, I'm still alive. The last week has a been crazy, but so far I'm tolerating it very well. I have so much to blog about, I hope I don't forget anything. Friday, my last "official" day at Barnes & Noble went well. Thursday was my last storytime and all of the regular storytime moms that I have grown so close to were there. And of course their darling little angels. Emily drew me a picture and gave me a hug. It was so sweet. She is an amazing little girl. They also made me brownies to celebrate the big career change. I think I owe Kim a big thanks for that! Thanks Kim and all of you for your support. Friday night we had family come in to celebrate Loey's 75th birthday on Saturday. Sunday, we headed to mom's at the lake. Kalynn, the little pest, got a new Honda Pilot. That is the car of my dreams. When I become a nurse and am making good money (hopefully) this is the car I want. She even got it in the color I want. Anyway, just the kids and I went and Kalynn and they have never had a DVD in the car, well they did have a portable one once, but it's been awhile. They were funny, but it kept them quiet.
All three of us girls were there this time. That doesn't happen very often anymore. We are all busy with our own schedules. I love it though when we are all there. This was the last boat ride of the season and of course, it was cold. We didn't even get to go swimming. Crazy weather. The last boat ride and visit to the lake always makes me really sad. It leaves that empty, longing feeling in me. But, I love fall, I just hate to see summer go.

Monday was catching up on laundry and getting the house in order before the next week. We went to JJ's for breakfast to celebrate my birthday since Monday was not going to allow any time for that. Alex had football practice. We did go get ice cream at Andy's after practice. $15 for all of us to get something! Bud would have a stroke Michelle. So Tuesday was orientation on birthday and Wednesday was skills lab. Thursday I hit the floor running. I had 4 patients to care for and seriously it's like riding a bike, you don't forget. It felt great to be back in healthcare. I love it! I did have a few moments of anxiety rush over me and thought, "what have you done? You totally quit your salaried job to do this, are you crazy?" But these quickly passes as I didn't have time to dwell on it, too busy. The twelve hours are long, but I think will be nice. The University is so different from Boone. It's a whole new world.


So, Wednesday, at Alex's practice, one of the boys broke is femur bone. He had to have surgery and have a pin placed. Nice uh? Now I really don't want Alex to play football. But, speaking of, one of the coach's said that Alex is a good candidate to be a quarterback. That would be awesome, a quarterback for the tigers! A mom can dream can't she?

Emma came running out like this and I had to take a picture it was hilarious. So, I'm surviving and just taking things day by day. Yesterday I had to work at B&N and cleaned my first house. He is a bachelor no doubt, but it wasn't that bad. The money is good. I miss seeing my storytime moms and can't wait to get together with you guys again. I'm off on Wednesday and Friday. So, hopefully we can get together then. I need to go and tend to my own house now and get ready for Alex's football game. Have a great week!





4 comments:

  1. Busy week, but sounds like everything is going great! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lol at Angelique's comment...she had a pretty eventful week herself! I'm glad you like the job, I know the days will just fly by!!! I heard about the boy in football from Kate on Friday, I knew that you would be freakin' out!! She said he is a little kid tho! Poor guy! I'm just glad that you got that computer up and goin at home!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that you like it, but we miss you!! You did the right thing and don't give it another thought ;-) I am going to FB right now and add you, I'm so excited!! Would you like to do lunch Wednesday??
    And Angelique you crack me up...it's not everyday you bring a new life into the world, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Emma's booty shot! So glad you are on facebook. Now you will see what the addiction is all about. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete