Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Figuring Out Who You Are Is The Whole Point Of The Human Experience.

So, today is the day, I pursue my nursing degree. You have to start somewhere and this is apparently the starting point when going back to school:

Step 1: Admissions Application-Check
Step 2: Free Application for Federal Student Aid-Check
Step 3: Check the status of your financial aid
Step 4: Applying for student loans online-I'm hoping I won't have to use loans this time around
Step 5: Other requirements for aid eligibility

This is just the beginning of the checklists. This is just to get back into college. Once I complete this process, I have a whole other list waiting for me to actually enroll in classes and start taking classes. Oh, how I don't miss these days. You should earn some type of degree or recognition to just enroll in a college and classes. Seriously. The nursing program is a whole different story and lists upon lists. I will not be discouraged, I will continue on...

Caesar, when embarking in a storm, said that is was not necessary he should live, but that it was absolutely necessary he should get to the place to which he was going.

Before I can even think about applying for the nursing program I have to finish up some pre-requirement classes that I didn't need to complete my business degree. Another list. A list of three biology classes with labs and a chemistry class with a lab. I will start these classes in the fall. Or at least that is the plan. I still have this other list of grants and scholarships I have to do research on. Which I need to get started on...

Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Changing paths in often the hardest part of the journey! Hang in there and in the end it will be all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I admire you, I could never in a million years do that!!

    ReplyDelete