Monday, August 24, 2009

Check


So, as all of you know by now, I can check off getting a job at the University off of my "to do" list. Next step is to work my ass off for 6 months until I'm eligible for tuition reimbursement. Then, it's back to school for Pharmacology, Physiology, Nutrition and Chemistry. That's just the beginning. After I master those classes, it's on to Nursing School.

I thought I would be more excited about this, but to tell you the truth, I'm scared to death. I can hardly breath. I keep asking myself if this really is the right thing to do. I know it's what I want to do, but is it the right thing to do when you have so many more responsibilities? For example, the two precious souls above. I love them more than anything in the world and want to give them everything. I'm going to miss out on so much through this journey I'm about to dive into. Will they resent me? Will I regret my decision? I can't take the time I miss back.

I appreciate all of the kind words, wisdom and encouragement I have been given. But, I'm still scared. I know everything will work out and it will be worth it in the end, but that doesn't mean it's not scary as hell. So, here begins a new chapter in my life....

"The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck."

Opportunity sometimes seems to knock more frequently on some people's doors, while others struggle, wondering when they'll get their big break. If we look closer, we see that lucky individuals share some traits. They expect to find opportunity around every corner. They can view any new situation, even a difficult one, as an opportunity.

The world is brimming with possibility. What if we were to enter each day and moment with an attitude of childlike curiosity? Look, here is another gate, a transition from one space to another. We reach out and lift the latch, hear the creak of the hinges, and , instead of staying where it is safe and familiar, we step through.

I resolve to open a new gate in my life. I'll take a peek and see what's on the other side.

...we shall call it Open the Gate.

3 comments:

  1. Remember the example you are setting for your kids, reaching for your dreams even though it's a sacrifice...that is a priceless gift you are giving them! Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's going to be really tough... but you'll LOVE the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget, your friends are here to support you through this journey and the one thing that drives us all on a daily basis is our children..we do it all for them. One day when they have followed their own dreams they will thank you for setting such a great example. Hang in there ;)

    ReplyDelete