Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just Because

Life has been uneventful for us lately. I'm not complaining, no drama is good. Although, I kind of got used to having drama in my life and now it seems a bit boring. I have absolutely nothing worth talking about. It seems every weekend has been too cold to go to the pool or lake. We didn't take a vacation this year. No birthdays to speak to. Just going to work and raising the kids. Just plain ol' life.
These pictures are from John's birthday party. I just never got the chance to post them. Work has picked back up again. School starts in less than 3 weeks now. Alex is going to be in the third grade. It really is hard for me to swallow. Just three years left of elementary school and then he will be starting a middle school. Seriously?

With nothing going on in our lives I've had a lot of time to reflect on my life. I'm focusing on all the good things. We are all healthy, thank God. I have two terrific kids. My baby sister is going to have a baby of her own. Now that is hard to believe. Kalynn is really like a daughter to me than a sister. It's hard for me to picture her as a mom. Don't get me wrong, she will be fabulous. It's just one of those things that's hard to get your head around. She was 12 weeks on Sunday. So on to being thankful. I have a job. This economy stinks (oops, that I am not thankful for). I have a husband that loves me, annoys me yes, but he loves me and is faithful to me. Wine. I really am thankful for wine. Sorry, can't help it. Hopefully this weekend I'll be thankful for the sun and warm weather. I'm pale in August. That really is just not typical of me. I'm hoping for a trip to the lake this weekend. We'll see.



6 comments:

  1. I wish I could be thankful for wine. Addie is looking so grown up now. Love the picture of her and John. You should print it and put it in a frame. What is the little girl's name in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, lots to be thankful for - good post!! Sometimes it's important to remember what we have and how lucky we truly are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little girl is Lindsay. She is Greg's neice, Brad's little girl. Brad is Greg's brother... Isn't she the cutest? We celebrated Kaitlynn and Shane's birthday's that weekend, Greg's kids (and Teresa's if I have to mention that).

    My friends!! Of course I am thankful for my friends. I couldn't get through my life without them. I'm thankful that they put up with my paranoid, sensitive self ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, even when nothing "exciting" is going on, it's good to acknowledge those things that sometimes get pushed to the way-side...we are grateful for you to, you paranoid weirdo, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics....you silly girl! Hang in there, drama is bound to pop up! :)

    ReplyDelete