Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Eve

THIS is my husband's Halloween costume. Nice uh? Now would be the time to feel sorry for me because yes, he is like this all of the time. It's also true that this is the reason why I married him. Because he was always so funny and had a good time wherever we were. Now, it just seems, um, immature? Oh well, the kids love it.
Ok, so the first version of Wonder Woman. She borrowed dad's wig. This was the first thing on our agenda Friday, Alex's Fall Party. The theme was Super Heroes. Actually, the first thing on my agenda was to go to Wal-Mart and get things for the goody bags and dirt dessert. I spent $50! But, I knew if I didn't do it, the kids wouldn't have a very good party. At least this had been my experience in the past. When we walked in with arms full of goodies, the kids were so excited. So, it was worth it. Even if Alex's teacher didn't seem to appreciate any of my efforts, the kids did. Even two less fortunate kids came up to me and thanked me. That made it worth while and the kids loved the dirt dessert with eyeballs and worms.
My little actress, she's flying if you couldn't figure out what she was doing.
Version 2. The wig was too itchy. We were sitting here at the front to the school waiting for Martin to come back from parking the van and someone walked by and said "hey Wonder Woman." Addie said, "how did she know I was Wonder Woman?" After I gave her the look of are you serious? She said oh yeah, the costume! That's my girl.
After the fall party it was off to Peachtree Farms. Why did we pick one of the most windy, cold days to do this? Because we didn't have pumpkins yet, it was Halloween Eve at 4 in the afternoon. What else did we have to do?
I had to add this picture because you know how Alex is, he never lets me take his picture. Have I mentioned that the last trip to the dentist he told us to start saving for braces! I wonder why he said that? Poor guy. My sister had braces, not me. Thank goodness.

The hayride wasn't too bad even though we were freezing. Alex was being the typical older brother when the kids went into the hay maze. We told him to stay with Addie, don't leave her, it's dark in there and she can't see where she's going. What do you think happened. Poor Addie, when Martin got to her, he said she was at a dead end trying to get through a very small hole where two of the hay bales met that wasn't intended to be a way of passage. She was freaking out yelling "the hole is too small." Martin said you couldn't see a thing in there and he almost freaked out and tried to lift the top of the maze off. Good times! Guess who got in big trouble?
We then made our way home to carve our pumpkins, that we got at HyVee because the ones at Peachtree are like $18 a pumpkin! NO thanks.
Why is it that the kids always get to goof off while the parents are hard at work with the pumpkins? Of course, I was already on the couch at this point with my Shiraz! But, I did clean the pumpkins out. That counts for something.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post...every single picture!! But especially this last one of Alex!! He's like, "Who me?" Hope you guys had fun last night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice Missouri Motorsports shirt he's wearing in the great wig pic, LOL!! Looks like it was a great Halloween, see you got everything in, no sweat!!

    ReplyDelete