Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Happenings

As usual, we had a great Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving was at our house and we celebrated with Martin's side of the family. Of course, the food was amazing and I ate way too much in the last few days. Oh well!
So we tried to carry on the new tradition I started last year in going to KC to see the lights at the Plaza. Last year wasn't very successful so Joe was on it to make sure that this year would be a for sure good time. Thanks Joe for making the reservations to GoJo's two months in advance.
GoJo's is a hibachi restaurant and was oh so good. Unfortunately, my stomach was bothering me all weekend. It started on Thursday and I was convinced it was just because I ate way too much food. Friday I was okay, but by Saturday morning I was sure it was a little more than over eating. We started Saturday out by celebrating Papa's birthday at JJ's before we headed to KC. Sorry Papa no pics of you, but I had to rush home after we ate!
Aunt Brittney. Isn't she gorgeous? Her and Byron might be starting their married life in the military. I guess it's a really good opportunity for them and they don't have kids. We'll see. It's already a for sure for Byron, but Brittney's decision is still up in the air. Either way, they will be military brats (are you still a brat if you are adults or are you only a brat when it's your parents that are military?). Good luck guys.
We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather. We didn't even really need our coats. Of course, I had all of my family in layers! Oh well, better safe than sorry.
Heidi and Joe, we love you guys, you are awesome. Thanks for letting us bunk at your house and starting a new tradition with us. I'm so glad you got transferred to KC Joe. We need to start some Fall traditions with the many festivals you speak of during the fall in KC.
So, I guess I had this image in my head that the plaza was decorated with tons of amazing lights and packed full of family fun. After this weekend, I've concluded that it's more of a girls, shopping weekend. We made the most of our time there however. It wouldn't be a trip to the plaza without some Cheesecake Factory now would it? I got the peppermint bark because peppermint is supposed to soothe the stomach right? Nothing keeps me away from food.
What a goof!
We decided to ditch the Plaza and head over to the Crown Center. I would highly recommend this over the Plaza for any family interested in making KC a part of their holidays. Santa is there and there is a lot more family fun than at the stuffy Plaza.




I'm glad we went however. It was great quality family time and the food was great. I so do love the holidays. Now I've got to get the Christmas cards done, bake, decorate, shop, wrap presents....

4 comments:

  1. Love the new background! Looks like you guys had fun. I've never been to the plaza myself. The kiddos looked super cute in all of the pictures. I really love Addie's hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have sworn I was there all weekend, but you notice no pics of your other sister in law that drove you there...uh, uh, uhhh!! Also, that would be cousin Brittney not Aunt Brittney goofy! And last no they won't be military brats but if they have kiddos while in there then they will be. Hahaha! Glad I went too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Great pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great family tradition, glad you guys got a chance to go...you are right Crown Center is much more kid friendly! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete