Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks-giving

Okay, so, I haven't posted a mushy, sappy, over the top, are you serious, make me gag kind of post for awhile now. I figure what better time than now, Thanks-giving. Have you ever really thought about the name of this holiday? Thanks-giving. People were so grateful and thankful for what they had been given. How appropriate. So, further more, have you ever really thought about what you are thankful for what you have been given? Now I know there are those moments when you are thankful for your home, your family, your health, etc, etc. But seriously, why are you so thankful for these things. It's not the home, or the family you are really thankful for is it? For me it's the specifics that make me thankful.

Everyday when I wake up, I have a warm house that surrounds me and protects me and my family from the elements. It doesn't matter what the house looks like, it's what we call our home. It's safe, full of love and everyday, the people in it love me unconditionally, without fail. They rely on me and myself on them. We believe in each other and encourage each other to be the best we can be. When the rest of the world turns it's back on us, we have each other.

I have the freedom to be whomever I choose to be. It doesn't matter how much money I make doing this or where I'm at in the organizational chart. It matters what makes me happy and the sense of accomplishment I feel at the end of the day. My mind is healthy and allows me to make decisions I see as the best for me and my family and distinguish between right and wrong.

I'm not faced with decisions so overwhelming I don't know how I'm going to make it through another day, where my family will get their next meal, if they or I will heal. I can care for myself, by myself. I know where my children are, I know if I need help all I have to do is make a simple phone call.

I so enjoy being with my family and friends and want to thank all of you for being by my side, listening to me over and over through this trying time in my life and sharing the joyous moments. Just being there. Thank you. Most of all, and most importantly, I have my faith. It is my faith that makes this ride, experience, whatever, tolerable. It is what makes all of the above possible. It's something I have come to appreciate and understand more this year and what I am most thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all my peeps. Enjoy your family and friends and take a moment, I'm serious, to really reflect on what you are thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. Actually, no. You would think that I was! I'm just happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Ang!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how happy you are!!! Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being reflective, honest and thoughtful on this holiday, hope you guys had a nice relaxing one!! Looking forward to seeing you this week!!

    ReplyDelete