Sunday, February 14, 2010

Training


I don't usually divulge photos of myself like this, but thought it was suiting for the purpose of this post. This is what training for a 10K looks like. Do you like the looks like I peed in my pants look? I decided that I wanted to run a 5K race but I knew I didn't want to do it alone. So, I asked my friend Kate Alnutt if she would mind if I ran one with her considering I knew she was familiar with running them. She said sure but why not a 10K? That's right, she talked me into running a 10K race. So, yesterday I officially started training for this. I ran 4 miles in 46 minutes and 30 seconds. A 10K run is 6.2 miles. I think I'm dead meat!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I'm just hoping to run a 5K this spring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job....that is the face of healthy! I will cheer you on, from the sidelines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not dead meat. You'll be great. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! I was considering a half marathon this fall, maybe I should start w/the 5K :) Looks like you are working hard, keep it up!! Angelique...can I be your running mate, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking about starting running again....that is all I do, think about it. Good for you on training so hard...the look is DEAD SEXY on you! ;0)

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete