Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

We had a nice weekend. I was a little worried at first on Saturday. I was really looking forward to going to the pool and getting some pool time in. Last year the pool opened at 10 on Saturdays. So, we loaded up and headed to the pool at 9:45. I like to get there right when it opens so I can get a chair. It was still sunny out at this time. We get there to a line of people waiting for the pool to open, at NOON! They changed the hours to cut back on hours and make the budget. The economy is affecting my pool time too. It sucks. And, I have a van full of screaming kids. We go home. Between the time we get home and the wait until the pool opens, it turns cloudy. No pool time.
Sunday was plenty hot and sunny however. We got the pleasure of watching Emma while Kelly and her crew went to the Cards/Royals game. She is such a peach. I love her. She was good the entire day and even took a nap at the pool.

After the pool we headed to my little sister's house for our Father's Day dinner. Emma was attached to Alex the whole day. She really likes him and he loves that she likes him. He really wants Martin and I to have another one. But, somebody else is going to take care of having another little one around. I can't tell you who. But I'm very excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment