Thursday, June 11, 2009

Patiently Waiting...

...again. I'm playing another waiting game. Why not? It's so much fun and I enjoy it so much. I have nothing better to do than wait around for something to happen in my favor. So, once again, I am waiting to hear back from the University. If you are sick to death of listening to me about my job adventures, then stop reading now. If not, well, I applied for a Unit Clerk position on the PEDS unit. Yes, I know this is going backwards. But, in order to get tuition reimbursement from the U I have to work there for at least 6 months. In order to go to school, I'm going to have to work a simple job that I can work nights and, hopefully, be able to study at. So, here we go, another list:

Get simple, night job at the U
Take 3 of the prerequisite classes I need while working at U for 6 months
Enroll in nursing program
Finish nursing program

The good news is, I ran into JT at Moser's last week. JT is an old HS friend of mine. We actually even went to prom together once. He is also a lead recruiter at the U. Now you would think that's my way in. But, it doesn't work that way anymore, the who you know part. He is unfortunately not the recruiter for this position. But he said he would talk to Kim, the one that is the recruiter for the position. I used to work with her at Boone, but it doesn't matter. 130 people applied for the position. I'm sure more than half of them work at the U already so have a better chance than I do. But, we'll see.

The really good news is that JT told me that he sits on the board that decides what students/workers get a scholarship to the accelerated nursing program. That's the program I will be doing because it's for people that already have a bachelors degree and it only takes 15 months. It will probably take me a shorter time than that because I will get to test out of the first classes that go over the basics. I already know the basics because I was a Certified Nurses Technician. Anyway, the scholarship, JT said, pays for the whole program!!! I'm supposed to get in touch with him when I get to that point. Which will be about 5 years from now. It seems that way anyway. I'm so excited and ready to get this part of my life started. I can't wait to become a nurse. Please send any good vibes my way. I'm getting really frustrated. I want it to happen now.

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Good for you! I keep telling Corey that I want to go back to school to get my nursing degree but I'm still paying for my bachelor's degree. Sending you good vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so have you heard anything else?!?!

    ReplyDelete