Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Blast

We had a pretty good weekend considering nothing went "right" all weekend long. It started with the trip on the way to the lake. Martin took the kids by himself on Friday morning. I had to work. That's a whole different story. Of course on the way there my kids have to stop to pooh. Now, I don't know how many times a day I complain about having to wipe Addie's booty because she goes so much. I complain to Martin about this. Frequently. So, because the men's restroom where they stop is dirty, he sends Addie into the women's alone. To pooh. Yeah, you get where I'm going with this. Needless to say, she left without getting wiped. Gammy took care of that when they got to her house. Nice. Talk about calling DFS. (and stupid)
Of course as soon as they arrive it starts to rain. It continues to rain the entire day. I guess it managed to stop for a bit in the afternoon so they go for a ride on the boat. Well, apparently, the boat has a leak. They had to take the boat off of the water. I rode down with Kalynn, Josh and their friends. Which ended up working great for me because I got to ride in the back with Glen. Remember Glen? Addie thought the water was cold. How cold? Damn cold. She announced this to everyone as she was getting in, "this water is damn cold." When no one responded, "I said, this water is DAMN cold." That's nice.

There's Glen, the hottie on the left. That's my girl, hangin with the guys. She is no dummy. So, the good luck continues when we go down to the dock on Saturday a.m. to enjoy the SeaDoo and sun. On the first ride, by Martin, it dies. The SeaDoo is broke. So we hung out on the dock all day. It wasn't bad. I actually got hot enough to get in. I don't usually do lake water.

Alex, chillin.

Um, yeah, I don't know what to say, other than, mom you are a dork.

Martin took a picture of me because, " I'm never in the pictures." Now that I see this picture, I don't think he was very concerned about me being in pictures. What do you think?

Alex, chillin. We headed home on Saturday to eat and watch the fireworks at the arena. We went to see the fireworks at the Hearnes Center and sat in the parking lot waiting and waiting. Until we finally decided that they cancelled the fireworks because of the rain. So, we left. I was literally falling asleep at the wheel. I'm not kidding. When we left Martin kept yelling at me to pull over because I kept driving into oncoming traffic. I was really tired. So, apparently, we ruined Alex's 4th of July because when we left he threw a big fit yelling that this was the worst 4th of July he had ever had. Then, he launched his shoe from the back of the van to the front of the van. We will just end that story there.
Sunday was Addie's birthday and it went well. Again, even though nothing really went right. The cake leaned a little to one side, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Practice, practice, practice. We decided to move the party at the last minute to Kalynn's club house in her neighborhood so the kids could swim. Well, really so I didn't have to have it at my house and worry about cleaning. But, anyway, so the kids could swim. Great swimming weather yesterday uh? Oh well, it didn't seem to bother the swimmers too much.



So, everyone, this is John. Can you tell by the look on Addie's face how she feels about him? All she wanted for her birthday was John to be there. When asked what she wished for when she blew out her candles it was for John to be at all of her birthday parties. Last night we gave up the binky. It was really hard for her. We're talking a whole hour of hard crying. So, I tried to get her mind off of it and asked her what her favorite part of her party was. John being there. What was your favorite present? The one John gave me. She hearts John.
Thanks Aunt Kelly for helping with my presents! I just couldn't resist this picture below. Isn't he adorable? Hayden wouldn't let me take her picture, but she looked so precious. Her hair is really long and really blond. She has little curls on the ends of her hair, it's gorgeous.


I blowin bubbles.
The famous, Emma smile.

Ok, last year it was the Hannah Montana wig. This year it's the star glasses. What should have at the party next year? Let's take votes! Come on, we could have a lot of fun with this.

This is the old doctor Shultz outfit.

Here is the new and improved Dr. Shultz.


All things considered. It was a great weekend. Swimming lessons start tomorrow! Oh, I almost forgot. Addie got a girl and boy Barbie for her birthday. Last night she brought the boy Barbie to Martin and said this, "Dad, you have got to check this boy's Ab's out. He has great abs!"

7 comments:

  1. Love all the Addie stories, she is precious!! Again, the cake...unbelievable!! So glad Addie had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angelique....love the stories! And also the cake-awesome! Wait til I tell you the story about our guitar!! Miss you!!! I'm glad that Addie's boyfriend made it to her party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is fantastic. Love all of the stories. Keith often comes out of the men's restrooms and tells me they are too dirty to take Riley in. So I have to get up anyway and take her which I should just do in the first place!! Men stink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First...so nice to meet you, and now I can quit stalking! Second, your Addie stories are great, she is beautiful, and again she must be hilarious to know for real! You are going to have to watch her with the boys I think!

    Michelle is Beautiful....really I think I have a semi-crush.

    What am I forgetting...oh yeah, Nice boobs!lol

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice boob photo, Ang. Martin is the best! Yes, Cassie. I really am a looker in those star glasses. Watch out Hollywood.

    Seeing Addie with John was best part of the party. Tasting the cake was a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The buck teeth are killing me. What a great post. No dull moments with the Shultz's :) Martin is so typical with the boob shot!!! Looks like it was a great weekend. The post was even better than you telling it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha...got a huge chuckle out of your post!! Love the boob picture...guys are PIGS...I guess that's why we love them at least he took a pic of your boobs and not someone elses! Love the damn cold water story...actually love all the stories from your wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete